(RADIATOR) Disconnect Request, POD question, voip call session kill

Dave Kitabjian dave at netcarrier.com
Mon Mar 7 07:56:29 CST 2005

We built a VoIP system based on the AS5300 about 3 years ago.

We also wanted to use the POD from Radiator to enforce pre-paid calling
card quotas, but we were unable to get the POD to work back then
(haven't tried since). We opened a ticket with Cisco, but they were not
able to resolve the issue.

We didn't have any 3rd party tools to try the POD from something other
than Radiator. But knowing Cisco and knowing Radiator, my suspicion is
that the problem is with Cisco :)

Dave

On
> Behalf Of Ganbold
> Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 4:50 AM
> To: radiator at open.com.au
> Subject: (RADIATOR) Disconnect Request, POD question, voip call
session
> kill
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm posting my problem again because I didn't find any solution in
this
> regard since my last post.
>
> I have problem using disconnect request for Cisco AS5300. I'm using
> Radiator-3.8 radius server.
> I use utility radpwtst to send disconnect-request directly to NAS but
it
> replies Disconnect-Request-NAKed.
>
> Is there anybody who solved this problem before?
> Is there anybody who successfully used POD and Disconnect-request in
Cisco
> AS5300?
> What kind of attribute combination should I send to NAS?
>
> What is Cisco IOS version known to work with disconnect-request?
>
> Actually I tested disconnect request on Dial-UP Cisco NAS server and
it
> works just fine.
> But it is NOT working on VoIP.
>
> We are trying to implement this feature in VoIP application.
> I appreciate very much if somebody can share its experience.
>
> I tried with Session id attribute and no result. I even tried with
> h-323-conf-id, h323-call-origin attributes, but didn't succeed.
>
> Cisco AS5300 configuration:
>
> aaa pod server auth-type any server-key xxx
>
> Following is the debug output:
>
> #debug aaa pod
> #AAA POD packet processing debugging is on
> #ter mon
> #
> Apr  8 00:23:47.933: POD: x.x.x.x request queued
> Apr  8 00:23:47.933: POD: x.x.x.x user 37255740 0.0.0.0 sessid 0x0 key
0x0
> Apr  8 00:23:47.933: POD:      Line     User     IDB          Session
Id
> Key
> Apr  8 00:23:47.933: POD: Sending NAK to x.x.x.x/50158
> #
>
> Cisco IOS version is :
> Cisco Internetwork Operating System SoftwareIOS (tm) 5300 Software
> (C5300-IS-M), Experimental Version 12.2(20020211:190758)
>
> Debug log says request queued and sends NAK. What should I do? Can
> somebody
> give me an advice/recommendation?
> Is there any solution?
>
> I looked through Cisco web site and didn't find the solution.
>
> If POD doesn't work, is there any other way I can kill the particular
VoIP

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au