(RADIATOR) Mac-Adress Check and LDAP on OS X

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Tue Mar 1 18:04:15 CST 2005

Hi,

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 04:57, Christian Kratzer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Hugh Irvine wrote:
> > Hello Urs -
> >
> > Your AuthBy FILE should only check the MAC addresses.
> >
> > # list MAC addresses
> >
> > 0030.6503.0a96 Auth-Type = ACCEPT

> > The AuthBy LDAP2 should be called after the AuthBy FILE.
> >
> > <Handler NAS-Port-Type=Wireless-IEEE-802-11>
> >        AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
> >        AuthBy CheckMACAddress
> >        AuthBy CheckLDAP
> > </Handler>
> >
> > BTW - you can only store cleartext passwords when using LEAP.
> >
> > And I'm not sure whether ServerChecksPasswords will work in this
> > scenario.
>
> it will not.
>
> ServerChecksPassword just passes the username/password combination to
> the ldap bind.  This rules out any challenge / response based
> authentication schemes like espcially chap and mschap2.

Correct.

> So CHAP is currently only possible if the password is accessible in
> cleartext via an LDAP attribute which is why we have not yet been
> able to get 802.1X PEAP to work with AuthLDAP2 against Active Diretory.

Correct again.

Right now the only way to make CHAP, MSCHAP, MSCHAPV2 and PEAP-MSCHAPV2 to
work with AD is to use the AuthBy LSA module, which in turn limits Radiator
to running on Windows.

We note that Novell have released code showing how to fetch plain passwords
from eDirectory by LDAP.

I wonder if anyone can make a test eDirectory LDAP server available to us
remotely for testing a solution?

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au