(RADIATOR) Analog + ISDN Specific Differentiation

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Mar 1 12:09:14 CST 2005

Hello Mark -

The answer depends somewhat on what else you are doing in your
configuration file and how you are going to determine whether a user is
dialup or ISDN? If you have two files you could use Handlers like this:

<Handler NAS-Port-Type = Async>

	<AuthBy FILE>
		# check dialup users file

</Handler>

<Handler NAS-Port-Type = ISDN>

	<AuthBy FILE>
		# check ISDN users file

</Handler>

Obviously there is no way for Radiator to "guess" whether a given user
should be able to use ISDN or not.

On 1 Mar 2005, at 14:35, Mark Tinka wrote:

> --- Hugh Irvine <hugh at open.com.au> wrote:
>

>> Hello Mark -
>
> hi Hugh...
>

>> For your analog users do something like this in the
>> users file:
>>

>> # check both Password and NAS-Port-Type
>>
>> fredbloggs  Password=whatever, NAS-Port-Type = Async
>>

>> There are other variations but you should get the
>> idea.
>
> this is great.. one problem is that i have a ton of
> users in the 'users' file.. is there a way to use a
> global format of this attribute, perhaps in the
> configuration file, so i don't have to edit each user
> profile.. i know if i had it under MySQL, it'd be a
> whole lot easier..
>
> all help appreciated..
>
> Mark.

> http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au