(RADIATOR) simplest and highest performance form of encryption EAP

Jim Michael JMichael at chesterfield.mo.us
Fri Jun 24 09:02:00 CDT 2005

I think you are confusing encryption with authentication mechanisms. When it comes to wireless, you have a limited number of choices for encrypting the wireless data:

1) old WEP. It's broken.
2) WPA with TKIP (basically, it's rotating WEP keys). Much harder to break, but not perfect.
3) WPA with AES, the new encryption standard. Your hardware must support AES to use it, but its as good as it gets today.

TLS, TTLS, PEAP, LEAP etc are not concerned with encrypting the data between the access point and the client, they are mechanisms for securely *authenticating* users to a network.

Jim

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au