(RADIATOR) "not properly formatted" when proxying EAP-TLS to IAS

Chris Hills chills at ne-worcs.ac.uk
Mon Jun 13 02:57:11 CDT 2005

Hi

My configuration is as follows:-

<Handler Realm=ad-test.its.ne-worcs.ac.uk>

        <AuthBy RADIUS>

                Identifier CheckAD1

                Host my.ias.server
                Secret mysecret

                AuthPort 1812
                AcctPort 1813

        </AuthBy>

        AcctLogFileName %L/detail.myserver

</Handler>

When a client attempts to authenticate, it proxies the request, but IAS
has the following log message:-

Access request for user user at my.ias.server was discarded.
 Fully-Qualified-User-Name = <undetermined>
 NAS-IP-Address = 172.18.100.14
 NAS-Identifier = <not present>
 Called-Station-Identifier = <not present>
 Calling-Station-Identifier = 00-06-5B-E4-0E-0B
 Client-Friendly-Name = RADIATOR
 Client-IP-Address = ra.di.at.or
 NAS-Port-Type = Ethernet
 NAS-Port = 238
 Proxy-Policy-Name = *@my.realm
 Authentication-Provider = Windows
 Authentication-Server = <undetermined>
 Reason-Code = 3
 Reason = The Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS)
request was not properly formatted.

For reference, Radiator said:-

Mon Jun 13 08:28:22 2005: INFO: AuthRADIUS: No reply after 3
retransmissions to my.ias.server:1812 for
chills at ad-test.its.ne-worcs.ac.uk  (24)
Mon Jun 13 08:28:22 2005: INFO: AuthRADIUS could not find a working host
to forward to. Ignoring

Is there something wrong with my configuration? I know I had this
working before!

--
Chris Hills
IT Services