(RADIATOR) password policies

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sun Jun 5 15:19:49 CDT 2005

Hello -

Password policies such as you describe must be configured through
mechanisms outside Radiator.

Most people do these sorts of things in conjunction with an SQL
database.

Our Radmin product for user management supports account locking for
password attacks, but the other policies would require additional
work on your part. Many of our customers use Radiator in conjunction
with an external billing system, many of which support additional
password policies.

On 6 Jun 2005, at 00:14, tech ref wrote:

> I want to create user accounts for accessing to my cisco routers.
> I will use AuthBy FILE or AuthBy LSA (Win2003).
>
> Can I set this policies and how?
>
> Policy:
>
> Password will be expired for 90 days
>
> Password can not contain the username
>
> Password must different from the previous value
>
> Password must be alphanumeric, length between 8 and 32 characters
>
> Account would be disabled if invalid password attack over 5 times
> at a glance

NB:

radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au