(RADIATOR) Problems with Radiator : Hanging

Ricardo Martinez rmartinez at redvoiss.net
Fri Jul 29 12:02:41 CDT 2005

Hello List.
	I'm using radiator version 3.9 since about 1.5 years without any
problem.  But the last two weeks my Radiator started to "hang" without any
reason.  The process is "up" but radiator don't answer any Request, i even
tried to dump some debugs via Radar, but i can not connect to the process
when the problems is happening.  There is no trace in the logfile or in the
/var/log/messages file.
	I want to make a couple of questions regarding to this issue.

- First, i realized that i never applied the patches for that version (my
mistake!).  Is safe to apply the patches now?  This is a "production"
machine so is important to this upgrade have a minor impact in the uptime of
the service.  How can i do this task?.

- Second, is the 3.13 version more stable that 3.9 version?.  Maybe the
problem is related with a fixed bug in an newer version.

- Third, i need to trace this problem (for a better report) but i need some
help here.  Since i'm using Radiator in a production machine i set the trace
level to 3, but with this level i'm not obtaining any information about
what's going on when the problem is happening in the log file.  Does anyone
know if Radiator leaves more log information in another file?  If i use
trace level 4 would this have an impact in the performance of the machine?.

For the record i use radiator in conjunction with a ORACLE DB.   So i'm
using AuthBy SQL procedures.

Hope that someone can help me here.
Thanks in advance

Regards,