(RADIATOR) Auth against ActiveDirectory w/TLS (radiator on Linux)

Andrew Fort afort at choqolat.org
Tue Jul 26 23:35:44 CDT 2005

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get radiator authenticating against AD via <AuthBy LDAP2>.
  This works fine, although I found that with AD on Windows 2003 Server
I could only get the AuthDN to work properly by using simply:

AuthDN blah at corp.domain.com
AuthPassword blah'spassword

Using an LDAP search path in there I couldn't the thing to bind to the
LDAP server.

Anyhow, that works.  But my problem is I can't figure out how to use
TLS/SSL.

It seems you need to have three things:  a CA Client Certificate, a CA
Client Key, and a CA Certificate.

Anyone who has been through this process, can you tell me where to
export these from on the Windows side off the top of your head? (or some
rough guides).  I have exported a key from the /certsrv/ webserver on
the CA, I believe this is the CA Certificate?  How do I create the other
two (presumably they are for my user "blah at corp.domain.com")?

Sorry to ask a vague question that is not actually a Radiator problem,
but a few days of searching around hasn't helped.  The windows admins
here haven't yet been able to assist, either...

Cheers,
Andrew Fort

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au