(RADIATOR) Heavy load radius test

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Jul 18 23:01:24 CDT 2005

Hello Sergio -

What we do here is set up Radiator on its own host and run it from
the command line:

         perl radiusd -foreground -log_stdout -trace -1 -
config_file .....

This will print out the number of requests being processed once per
second.

Then on a separate machine run a script which calls radpwtst with
different username/password combinations.

Note the number of requests per second processed by the Radiator host.

Run additional copies of the script until the number of requests
being processed by Radiator stops increasing.

Go to another machine and repeat.

Keep going until the number of requests being processed by the
Radiator host stops increasing.

It is important that you not try to run radpwtst on the same machine
as Radiator.

There are also both hardware and software radius packet generators
that you can use - a Google search will help here.

On 19 Jul 2005, at 08:40, Sergio Alejandro Gonzalez Z (S2010) wrote:

> Hello everyone:
>
> I would like to know if there is someone here in the list
> who had been able to do a heavy load test on radiator.
>
> If so, can you tell me what software/script/radpwtst method
> did you use?.
>

> Thanks a lot in advance for the help.
>

> Sergio Gonzalez
> IT Engineer.