(RADIATOR) Certificate problem

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Jul 8 19:07:32 CDT 2005

Hello Michal -

It sounds like Perl is crashing (probably because a prerequisite
module is not installed).

You can run Radiator from the command line to see what is happening:

         cd /your/Radiator/distribution

         perl radiusd -foreground -log_stdout -trace 4 -
config_file .....

where "....." is the full path name to your configuration file.

On 8 Jul 2005, at 22:38, Michal Marciniszyn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to connect RADIATOR on NDS. Everything works fine when I
> use NDS withou security turned on. RADIATOR correctly connects
> through port 389.
>
> However, when I try to connect radiator on NDS with secured ports
> problem appears.
> If I connect through port 389 error Confidelity required appears
> (it does not matter at all, since I have to use 636 ldaps port). If
> I connect through 636 port I get this log:
> ------------------
> Code:       Access-Request
> Identifier: 40
> Authentic:  1234567890123456
> Attributes:
>        User-Name = "tstois1"
>        Service-Type = Framed-User
>        NAS-IP-Address = 203.63.154.1
>        NAS-Identifier = "203.63.154.1"
>        NAS-Port = 1234
>        Called-Station-Id = "123456789"
>        Calling-Station-Id = "987654321"
>        NAS-Port-Type = Async
>        User-Password = ***SOMETHING***
>
> Tue Jun 28 15:08:40 2005: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler
> 'Realm=DEFAULT'
> Tue Jun 28 15:08:40 2005: DEBUG:  Deleting session for tstois1,
> 203.63.154.1, 1234
> Tue Jun 28 15:08:40 2005: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthLDAP2:
> CheckLDAP
> Tue Jun 28 15:08:40 2005: INFO: Connecting to 10.24.4.11, port 636
> ---------------
> and RADIATOR freezes. I have the NDS CA certificate (got it in der
> format, converted into pem format). I have following in my conf file:
>
> <AuthBy LDAP2>
>        Identifier      CheckLDAP
> #       Log             ldap_log
>
>        Host            10.24.4.11
>        Port            389
>
>        AuthDN          cn=tstois1,ou=ict,ou=hsp,o=edu
>        AuthPassword    XXXXX
>
>        BaseDN          o=edu
>        UsernameAttr    uid
>        GetNovellUP
>
>        ##AuthAttrDef     radiusTunnelPrivateGroupID,
>        ##                Tunnel-Private-Group-ID, reply
>
> ##        EAPType         PEAP,TTLS,TLS,MSCHAP-V2,MD5,MD5-
> Challenge,PAP
>
>        UseSSL
> #       SSLVerify               none
>        SSLCAFile               /etc/radiator/root.pem
>
>        #AutoMPPEKeys
>
>        #SSLeayTrace 5
>
>        ##AllowInReply            Tunnel-Private-Group-ID
>        ##AddToReplyIfNotExist    Tunnel-Private-Group-ID=1:100
>        ##AddToReply              Tunnel-Type=1:VLAN,\
>        ##                        Tunnel-Medium-Type=1:Ether_802
>        HoldServerConnection
>        Timeout                 2
>        FailureBackoffTime      30
>
> </AuthBy>
> where root.pem is PEM format CA certificate. Where is the problem?
> Same setting works fine if I use freeradius (i.e. I only set up
> CAfile).
>
> Michal Marciniszyn

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au