(RADIATOR) Generating accounting records for squid auth requests

Alex Sharaz A.Sharaz at hull.ac.uk
Fri Jan 28 07:32:37 CST 2005

Chaps,

Just installed radiator here so i'm starting to crawl up the learing curve.

I've got a number of squid web caches configured to use radius
authentication. The radius code does just that and doesn't generate any
accounting start or stop records.

>From an authentication point of view, requests from the webcache client are
proxied off to another server vi an <AuthBy RADIUS> statement. This works
just fine.

What I'd like to to is generate some sort of logging to go into a mysql
"accounting" table as defined by the mysql file in the goodies directory.

What I thought I'd do is

<Handler Realm=hull.ac.uk>
 AuthByPolicy doAccountingThenAuth  <-- if not one of the valid options do
1st authby then 2nd
 AuthBy acctOnly                    <-- Define an AuthBy sql statement that
just accesses a DB
 AuthBy radHull                     <-- do the real auth via an AuthBy
RADIUS statement
 AuthLog  authlog                   <-- bit of logging
 AuthLog  mySqlAuthLog
 RejectHasReason
 SessionDatabase hullRadInfo
</Handler>

where
acctOnly is

<AuthBy SQL>
   DBSource        dbi:mysql:radSupport:a.b.c.d:3306
   DBUsername      username
   DBAuth          password
 Identifier acctOnly
 AccountingTable accounting
 AcctColumnDef USERNAME,User-Name
 AcctColumnDef TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
 AcctColumnDef ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
 AcctColumnDef ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
 AcctColumnDef ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
 AcctColumnDef ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
 AcctColumnDef ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
 AcctColumnDef ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
 AcctColumnDef ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
 AcctColumnDef NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
 AcctColumnDef NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
</AuthBy>

Looking in the accounting table entries however, nothing appears. is this
simply because no accounting records are being generated. Do I have to
generate a dummy sql insert statement at this point to get something into
the table?

TIA

Alex

Sent using Mulberry 3.1.2