(RADIATOR) MAC address filtering?

Nuno Rodrigues nuno at ipb.pt
Mon Jan 24 08:48:22 CST 2005

Hello,

I need something like this, but with the following conditions:

- The authentication is based on EAP/TTLS with LDAP directory (is
working ok at this time).
- Permit all MAC Addresses, by default
- Deny only some MAC's (from the bad boys only :)

Is this possible, without create a file with all MAC Addresses authorised?

Thanks,
Nuno.

Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Hello Jim -
>
> Something like this:
>

> AuthPort 1812
> AcctPort 1813
> Foreground
> LogStdout
> LogDir    /var/log/radius
> DbDir    /etc/radiator
> Trace         3
>
> <Client DEFAULT>
>     Secret    xxxxxx
>     DupInterval 0
> </Client>
>
> # define AuthBy clauses
>
> <AuthBy FILE>
>     Identifier CheckMACAddress
>     Filename %D/addresses.mac
>     AuthenticateAttribute Calling-Station-Id
> </AuthBy>
>
> <AuthBy LDAP2>
>     Identifier CheckLDAP
>     Host         ren.chesterfield.mo.us
>     AuthDN        cn=admin,o=coc
>     AuthPassword    xxxxxxxxxx
>     BaseDN        ou=Users,o=Private
>     UsernameAttr     cn
>     ServerChecksPassword
>     SearchFilter (&(cn=%1)(cocWLANAllowed=true))
> #    Debug 255
> </AuthBy>
>
> # define Handlers
>
> <Handler TunnelledByTTLS=1>
>     AuthBy CheckMACAddress
> </Handler>
>
> <Handler>
>     <AuthBy FILE>
>         Filename /etc/radiator/users
>         EAPType TTLS
>         EAPTLS_CAFile /etc/radiator/certificates/digicert.pem
>         EAPTLS_CertificateFile
> /etc/radiator/certificates/star_chesterfield_mo_us.crt
>         EAPTLS_CertificateType PEM
>
>         EAPTLS_PrivateKeyFile
> /etc/radiator/certificates/digicert.pem
>         EAPTLS_PrivateKeyPassword xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>         EAPTLS_MaxFragmentSize 1000
>
>         AutoMPPEKeys
>     </AuthBy>
> </Handler>
>

> Please let me know how you get on.
>
> There are other variations as well.
>
> regards
>
> Hugh
>

> On 22 Jan 2005, at 03:05, Jim Michael wrote:
>
>> Hi Hugh-
>>
>> Thanks for the info! However, I'm not quite sure where those fit in
>> with my current config. I'm already doing an <AuthBy FILE> to handle the
>> TTLS "anonymous" user... do I add another Authby FILE clause, or add
>> your code to my existing one, or? Here's my current config... any info
>> on where the new code should go to handle mac filtering would be
>> helpful!
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> AuthPort 1812
>> AcctPort 1813
>> Foreground
>> LogStdout
>> LogDir    /var/log/radius
>> DbDir    /etc/radiator
>> Trace         3
>>
>> <Client DEFAULT>
>>     Secret    xxxxxx
>>     DupInterval 0
>> </Client>

> [...]

 Nuno Rodrigues : nuno at ipb.pt : http://www.ipb.pt/~nuno
 Eq. Assistente 2o Triénio : Dep. Informática e Comunicações : ESTiG/IPB
 Coordenador do Centro de Comunicações do IPB

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au