(RADIATOR) PEAP and Filter-ID

Kawakubo, Ken kkawakub at fhcrc.org
Thu Jan 20 15:45:59 CST 2005

Hum,

I had exactly the same problem when I moved from Microsoft IAS2003 to
Radiator to authenticate PEAP-MSCHAPv2 requests from MacOSX 10.3 Internet
Connect clients. Internet Connect client on MacOSX 10.3 (which can use TTLS,
LEAP, as well as PEAP) stopped working with PEAP. Even though the client
announced that PEAP authentication was successful, an valid IP address was
never assigned. It turned out that the PEAP client on MacOSX 10.3 uses a
slightly different variety of PEAP. Microsoft IAS2003 was happy to accept
this variety of PEAP but Radiator was not. I had to specify
"EAPTLS_PEAPVersion 0" in Radiator configuration for it to authenticate all
PEAP varieties correctly.

Ken Kawakubo
FHCRC