(RADIATOR) MAC address filtering?

Jim Michael JMichael at chesterfield.mo.us
Thu Jan 20 14:41:51 CST 2005

Ok, I'm getting close to my ideal solution with Radiator... have it
authenticating against our LDAP directory, etc. Now I want to add an
additional layer of security by having Radiator check the client's MAC
address against a list of allowed addresses. For now we have so few
wireless clients that its not necessary to do a database lookup...
Radiator simply checking a file on the system for allowed MAC addresses
would be fine, but I cannot figure out how to do this. What I want is

1) client tries to get on the WLAN and radiator checks the MAC against
a list
2) If MAC is allowed, go ahead and do the LDAP authentication, if no,
dump 'em.

Can anyone provide pointers to such a setup?

Jim

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au