(RADIATOR) LDAP failover?

Jim Michael JMichael at chesterfield.mo.us
Tue Jan 18 13:44:24 CST 2005

Thanks Dave-

I can see the logic in that decision, but of course it costs twice as
much! (for two radiators) <g>

Jim

>>> "Dave Kitabjian" <dave at netcarrier.com> 1/18/2005 1:40 PM >>>
The architecture we've chosen is to use multiple Radiator boxes and a
replicated copy of the LDAP database running locally on each box.

Using this design, the failover occurs at the RADIUS level, not the
LDAP
level, and so it's handled implicitly by the secondary server
specified
in the NAS. Another advantage of this design is that it also handles
the
case where Radiator itself dies.

Hope this helps,

Dave