(RADIATOR) Anyone using Cisco URT ?

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Jan 12 23:29:12 CST 2005

Hello Ed -

It is not clear to me exactly what is happening.

The error message you show below normally occurs when decoding an
incoming radius request.

You can verify this by looking at a trace 5 debug from Radiator.

The name used in the dictionary is not important as the name gets
encoded into the attribute number specified in the dictionary
definition.

Please post the trace 5 debug and a copy of your configuration file (no
secrets) so we can see what is happening.

You should also have a look at the debug messages on the Cisco to see
what it thinks is going on.

On 12 Jan 2005, at 20:52, Ed Spick wrote:

> Hail Radiators,
>
> We are using a pre-802.1x Cisco dynamic vlan assignment product called
> User Registration Tool (URT) This allows you to use dynamically
> assigned vlans on switches such as the cat3500XL series (which can't
> do 802.1x). Currently we use this in an ethernet address to vlan type
> of association, however it can be configured as a proxy to take
> authentication from ldap/radius. I have setup my clients suitably and
> I am using a flat user file first off, however when my test user
> authenticates I get error messages in my radiator log :
>
> Wed Jan 12 14:01:57 2005: ERR: Attribute number 92 (vendor 1397702995)
> is not defined in your dictionary
>
> I need to reply the vtp domain and vlan name to the URT system and
> have tried using one similar to the 802.1x examples I have found
> elsewhere on the mail list :
>
> test1   User-Password = "linotype"
>         Tunnel-Type=1:VLAN,
>         Tunnel-Medium-Type=1:Ether_802,
>         Tunnel-Private-Group-ID=1:61
>
> The log shows that these vlan reply attributes do seem to be sent by
> radiator but they don't seem received / understood by the Cisco kit as
> the logged in user is not put into the appropriate vlan (61) (I have
> tried this sent as ascii too)
>
> The Cisco documentation for this URT product suggests adding a Radius
> attribute of VTPDomainName\VLANName;VTPDomainName\VLANName;
> It also suggests that this should be attribute 24 - rather than the 94
> that keeps popping up in the log
> {cisco url for those really interested !
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/secursw/ps2136/
> products_white_paper09186a00800c933f.shtml
> }
>
> Is adding attributes to the dictionary merely a matter of editing and
> restarting ?
>
> Any help gratefully received.
>
> Thanks
> Ed Spicke"
>         Tunnel-Type=1:VLAN,
>         Tunnel-Medium-Type=1:Ether_802,
> Network Support
> S.O.A.S

NB:

Have you searched the mailing list archive
(www.open.com.au/archives/radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au