(RADIATOR) How many <Handlers> do you have?

Jason Godsey jason at corp.fidalgo.net
Wed Jan 12 17:24:15 CST 2005

miko at yournetplus.com wrote:

> I had thought about that, but it seemed to me that having an extra SQL
> Query run on every authentication and accounting packet would cause a
> performance hit, plus it would prevent us from being able to handle
> proxying requests if the SQL server for whatever reason stopped
> responding.
>
> -Miko

Just a thought, you may want to look at MySQL Cluster.  I have a test
lab setup w/ Cluster and so far I'm very pleased.

Mail storage is what has led me to Cluster, something like dbmail.org.

I currently use MySQL 4.1 w/ bi-directional replication in a 4 way setup
for Radiator auth/accounting.  One or two times a month I run into a
situation that breaks replication.  At first I had 1 database for both
account information and accounting.  Because accounting is where I run
into replication conflicts, I split the two.

Jason

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au