(RADIATOR) TTLS + LDAP2+ Active Directory

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Wed Jan 12 08:36:05 CST 2005

Hi,

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Ângelo Rodrigues wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a FreeBSD 4.10 running a Radiator 3.9 to authenticate
> our Cisco Catalyst 3550 users (802.1x + eap-ttls). Our authentication
> method  is "AuthBy FILE" and (until now) everything seems to work fine.
>
> Now, I'm trying to config our Radiator to validate all password
> against a Windows 2003 Active Directory. Since "AuthBy ADSI"
> doesn't work in unix systems, I'm using  "AuthBy LDAP2"
> to replace ADSI features but, it doesn't seems to work.
>
> I've tried a lot of configurations but all without sucess :(((
>
> Any ideias ?
[snipp]
>               AuthDN cn=Administrator,ou=Users,dc=dominio,dc=teste,dc=org
>               AuthPassword    XXXXXX
>               BaseDN          ou=Users,dc=dominio,dc=teste,dc=org
>               ServerChecksPassword

[snipp]
> Fri Jan  7 17:00:11 2005: ERR: Could not bind connection with
> cn=Administrator,ou=Users,dc=dominio,dc=teste,dc=org, XXXXXX,
> error: LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS (server 192.168.0.1:389).
> Fri Jan  7 17:00:11 2005: ERR: Backing off from 192.168.0.1:389 for 600
> seconds.

from the error message LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS it looks like the ldap
bind did not succeed.  From what I see in our active directory installation
the default administrator user lives in CN=Users and not OU=Users. This
could be different depending on what version of Active Directory you use.

You might want to try changng your AuthDN from

 	AuthDN cn=Administrator,ou=Users,dc=dominio,dc=teste,dc=org
 	AuthDN cn=Administrator,CN=Users,dc=dominio,dc=teste,dc=org

and see if that works.

You will also be restricted to using PAP for your inner TTLS authentication
method. CHAP, MS-CHAP and other challenge response based methods won't
work when radiator cannot access the cleartext password for computing the
challenge.

Greetings
Christian

Christian Kratzer                       ck at cksoft.de
CK Software GmbH                        http://www.cksoft.de/
Phone: +49 7452 889 135                 Fax: +49 7452 889 136