(RADIATOR) Problem with session database and wireless reauthe ntication

Roy Badami roy.badami at globalgraphics.com
Tue Jan 11 08:55:48 CST 2005

    Hugh> Please let me know what you discover.

The initial authentication has Service-Type=Login-User,
reauthentication has Service-Type=Authenticate-Only

These attributes are included on every message of the EAP conversation.

So far so good.

Now the problem.  I'm using EAP-TTLS/PAP.  Now, the outer requests
should probably be using SessionDatabase NULL anyway, since they don't
contain a useful username.  The inner requests are where the action is.

Unfortunately the inner requests that get faked up don't contain the
Service-Type attribute so I can't use that to select my handler...

I was hoping I could copy the attribute in a PreHandlerHook as follows:

sub
{
    my $p = ${$_[0]};
    my $outer = $p->{outerRequest};
    if ($outer) {
        # If we get here, then outerRequest was set, so we are an inner
        # request.  Propagate Service-Type from the outer request to the
        # inner, so that we can use it to select a handler
        $p->add_attr('Service-Type', $outer->get_attr('Service-Type'));
    }
}

Unfortunately PreHandlerHook isn't called for the tunnel request;
perhaps it should be?

	-roy

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au