(RADIATOR) LDAP not timing out?

Dave Kitabjian dave at netcarrier.com
Mon Jan 10 16:58:15 CST 2005

Hi, folks.

Authentication failed this weekend.

Looking at the logs, the Access-Requests were all getting to this point:

Sun Jan  9 08:46:32 2005: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthLDAP2:
LDAP_AUTH

and that's it. Normally they continue with a line like:

Sun Jan  9 08:46:32 2005: INFO: Connecting to localhost, port 389

and so on. I thought that I'd at least see timeouts of some sort later
in the logfile, but there are none at all. It's as though the request
just blackholed, and Radiator forgot about it.

The Unix admin states that slapd (OpenLDAP) was not running. That
explains why LDAP wasn't working. But I don't understand by Radiator
didn't timeout?

I'm not sure how it could be related, but the problem was exasperated by
the fact that the NASes didn't fail over to the backup Radiator box.

Any ideas are welcome!

Dave