(RADIATOR) Possible problem in Addtoreplyifnotexist

Brian Morris brian at netspeed.com.au
Tue Jan 4 01:15:29 CST 2005

Happy New Year everyone

During the quiet time between Christmas and New Year we decided to update Radiator.  We updated to v3.11 (from 3.1 ouch) and are now experiencing a problem with the addtoreplyifnotexist parameter.

The symptoms are that the parameter 'Idle-Timeout' is added to the reply no matter whether it has already been set or not.  Causing it to be allocated twice.

Here is the snippet of our radius config...

<Handler Realm=xxx.xxx.xx>
 RewriteUsername s/\s+//g
 RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
 <AuthBy SQL>
  DBSource dbi:ODBC:NSAcctDB
  DBUsername xxx
  DBAuth xxx
  AuthSelect  select PASSWORD,REPLYATTR,LoginExpiryDate from SUBSCRIBERS \
                             where USERNAME='%n' and DISABLED = '0'
  AuthColumnDef 0, User-Password, check
  AuthColumnDef 1, GENERIC, reply
  AddToReplyIfNotExist Service-Type=Framed-User,Framed-Protocol=PPP,Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,Framed-MTU = 1500,Framed-Routing = None,Idle-Timeout = 1800,Session-Timeout = 28800
  AccountingStopsOnly

<snip>

The SUBSCRIBERS table contains a user like this...
username = usertest
password = testing
replyattr = Idle-Timeout=28800,Framed-IP-Address = "203.56.xxx.xx"
disabled = 0

However, the auth-response I get back is...

Attributes:
 Framed-IP-Address = 203.56.xxx.xx
 Idle-Timeout = 28800
 Framed-Protocol = PPP
 Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255
 Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
 Framed-MTU = 1500
 Framed-Routing = None
 Idle-Timeout = 1800
 Session-Timeout = 28800

Notice the Framed-Ip-Address is set as expected along with the Idle-Timeout of 123 in the first two lines, however the Idle-Timeout is then reset in the second last line (as per the addtoreplyifnotexist clause)

I am certain this did not happen before as we have been running this config for ages without customer problems - as soon as we upgraded the fault calls began.

Am I doing something wrong or did I find a bug?

Regards,

Brian Morris
NetSpeed.