Fwd: (RADIATOR) Using AD authentication in Radiator

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Mon Feb 21 19:19:16 CST 2005

Hello Roman,

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 10:07, Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
> > From: "Jimenez, Roman" <roman.jimenez at waukeshaengine.dresser.com>
> > Date: 22 February 2005 01:13:13 GMT+11:00
> > To: Hugh Irvine <hugh at open.com.au>
> > Cc: radiator at open.com.au
> > Subject: RE: (RADIATOR) Using AD authentication in Radiator
> >
> > Hugh,
> > Thanks for the reply. I am including the log file and my configuration
> > fiel
> > as an attachment to this message. I hope that will give you an idea of
> > what
> > I am doing wrong.

The problem here is that you are trying to get the users a password from AD
using LDAP. It is not possible to do this (as far as we know: AD does not
allow access to the users password by LDAP), so your LDAP query is not
getting the users password, and therefore the MSCHAPV2 authentication is
failing.

If you intend to authenticate PEAP-MSCHAPV2 using AD, you will have to use
AuthBy LSA, not AuthBy LDAP2. This in turn will limit you to running Radiator
on Windows.

The 'Access rejected for anonymous:' message is referring to the User-Name in
the inner request. In fact, it is actually accessing the LDAP record for
Roman.Jimenez, derived from the EAP identity of the inner request.

BTW, it is unusual for the inner request to have user name of anonymous, while
the outer has the users real name. What client are you using? Are you sure
you have it configured correctly?

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au