(RADIATOR) Newbie setup question

Graham Farrow graham.f at pctechnologies.com.au
Mon Feb 14 02:00:17 CST 2005

Hi All,

We are in the process of changing over from ICRADIUS to Radiator
(getting the eval to work fully first though).  I have a quick question
though.

With ICRADIUS upon receiving the STOP request, it would update the
accounting table accordingly.  Ie there would only be one record for the
entire session.  With my initial testing I am getting an entry for the
start and the stop in the accounting table.

Is this correct or perhaps do I have an error in my test config.
(config is below for reference....any help is most appreciated).

*********

LogDir          /var/log/radius

# Use a low trace level in production systems. Increase
# it to 4 or 5 for debugging, or use the -trace flag to radiusd
Trace           5

# You will probably want to add other Clients to suit your site,
# one for each NAS you want to work with

DictionaryFile /etc/radiator/dictionary

<ClientListSQL>
        DBSource        dbi:mysql:radiator:<ipaddress>:radiator
        DBUsername      <dbusername>
        DBAuth          <dbpass>

</ClientListSQL>

<SessionDatabase SQL>
        Identifier      SDB1
        DBSource        dbi:mysql:radiator:<ipaddress>:radiator
        DBUsername      <dbusername>
        DBAuth          <dbpass>

</SessionDatabase>

<Realm DEFAULT>
        <AuthBy SQL>
                DBSource        dbi:mysql:radiator:<ipaddress>:radiator
                DBUsername      <dbusername>
                DBAuth          <dbpass>

                AuthSelect      select PASSWORD, G.CHECKATTR,
G.REPLYATTR \
                                from SUBSCRIBERS S, GROUPS G,
GROUPMEMBERS GM \
                                where GM.USERNAME = S.USERNAME \
                                and G.ID = GM.GID \
                                and S.USERNAME=%0
                                and S.SUSPENDED = 0
                AuthColumnDef   0, User-Password, check
                AuthColumnDef   1, GENERIC, check
                AuthColumnDef   2, GENERIC, reply

                AccountingTable ACCOUNTING
                AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name
                AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
                AcctColumnDef
ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
                AcctColumnDef
ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
                AcctColumnDef
ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
                AcctColumnDef   ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
                AcctColumnDef   NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
                AcctColumnDef   NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
                AcctColumnDef   FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address

        </AuthBy>

</Realm>