(RADIATOR)

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Feb 2 01:28:50 CST 2005

Hello Jacky -

Could you please tell me the name of the registered company that has
purchased this copy of Radiator?

Please respond to me directly.

In answer to your question, these are vendor-specific attributes that
are not defined in your dictionary.

The errors will not cause retransmission of radius requests.

You will find the vendor numbers here:

	http://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers

Here are the relevant entries:

999
   Hong Technology, Inc.
     Walt Milnor
       brent at oceania.com

4711
   Mail.com
     Brendan Flood
       bflood at staff.mail.com

When you find out the vendor-specific radius attribute definitions
please send them to me and I will add them to the standard Radiator
dictionary.

Note that you can add dictionary definitions yourself with any text
editor.

On 2 Feb 2005, at 09:47, Jacky Chan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found there are some strange messages in my radiator proxy-server
> logfile recently. May I have you help to tell me what those messages
> indicated?
>
> The message "ERR: Attribute number 3 (vendor 4711)" will causes the
> far-end to send the "Accounting-Request" again?
>
> The Radiator proxy-server is located between two radius server and
> acts as a proxy.
>
> In the "Access Requst" messages sent to radius server-3
> Wed Dec 29 23:37:37 2004: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthRADIUS
> Wed Dec 29 23:37:37 2004: ERR: Attribute number 29 (vendor 999) is not
> defined in your dictionary
> Wed Dec 29 23:37:37 2004: ERR: Attribute number 1 (vendor 999) is not
> defined in your dictionary
>

> In the "Access Accept"  messages sent to radius server-1
> Wed Dec 29 23:37:37 2004: ERR: Attribute number 3 (vendor 4711) is not
> defined in your dictionary
> Wed Dec 29 23:37:37 2004: DEBUG: Packet dump:
>

> In the "Accounting-Response" messages sent to radius server-1
> Wed Dec 29 23:52:42 2004: ERR: Attribute number 3 (vendor 4711) is not
> defined in your dictionary
> Wed Dec 29 23:52:42 2004: DEBUG: Packet dump:

NB:

Have you searched the mailing list archive
(www.open.com.au/archives/radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au