(RADIATOR) ContinueWhileAccept weirdness

PREVOSTO, Laurent Laurent.PREVOSTO at neufcegetel.fr
Tue Dec 20 11:18:09 CST 2005

        NoDefault

        UseExtendedIds

</AuthBy>

<Handler Realm="test">

        AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept

        AuthBy radius-conf

        AuthBy radius-auth

</Handler>

First radius (radius-conf) is mandatory and sets a few reply-items
depending on the context of the request

Second radius (radius-auth) does per-user authentication.

Since I want both radius to send an Accept so that the request is really
accepted

And I want both reply-items groups to be mixed in the resulting reply
packet, I added Synchronous/Fork to the first AuthBy RADIUS clause
(looks like there is no othe way but I may be wrong)

(that's pretty close to the example shown in the documentation at
6.30.18)

But it doesn't work : logs show that AuthBy radius-conf is treated well.
Then the request is forwarded to radius-auth but, although radius-auth
answers to the main proxy, the main proxy seems to never receive the
answer and therefore the response is not sent back to the client.

Oddly (or not) if I add Synchronous/Fork to the radius-auth <AuthBy
RADIUS> clause it works well.

Is it normal ?

Did I miss something ?

Regards,