(RADIATOR) How to stop radiusd if hook code fails

Michael Harsh Michael.Harsh at billingconcepts.com
Thu Dec 15 10:06:54 CST 2005

Hello,

I would like to make radiusd die if some of my hook code does not complete
properly. A die in the code only causes my code to die. Is there any way to
return an error code so radiusd will stop? My experiments with this have not
worked. I also tried using a system call to /etc/init.d/radiator stop, but
that did not completely stop Radius either.

Any ideas how I might accomplish this?

The point to this is to get clients to failover to a secondary server if
this hook code does not complete. As it is now, my code fails but Radius
tries authenticating from a file vs. proxying which is the norm. Of course
the account is not in the file and an Access-Reject is issued, denying
service.

Thank you,
Michael Harsh

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au