(RADIATOR) PEAP and openssl v0.9.8

DELORT Stephane Stephane.DELORT at murex.com
Fri Aug 19 09:34:35 CDT 2005

Dear list members,

I had an issue running Radiator on windows 2003 server using openssl v0.9.8. My goal was to do PEAP/Mschap-V2 authentication.
Radiator did not raise any error in the log and the authentication was OK.
following the authentication, the RADIUS client and the supplicant had to do a 4 way handshake in order to set up the WPA2 communication.
The error occured here during the 2nd message of the 4 way handshake. I was told that a bad MIC (message integrity Check) was received.

I replaced openssl v0.9.8 by a v0.9.8f and everything ran fine.

Did anyone ever had a problem with this or the later version of openssl (v0.9.7g) ?

Regards,
Stéphane

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au