(RADIATOR) Problem with PasswordLogFileName

William M. Sandiford wsandiford at DURHAMTELECOM.com
Sat Aug 13 15:22:27 CDT 2005

I solved my own problem.  For archival purposes, I made a bogus users file (called bogus) and then took advantage of the AuthByPolicy using the following.

<Handler Called-Station-Id="905xxxxxxx">
        AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileReject
        PasswordLogFileName /var/log/password.log
        <AuthBy FILE>
                Filename /etc/raddb/bogus
        </AuthBy FILE>
        <AuthBy INTERNAL>
                AuthResult              ACCEPT
                AcctStartResult         ACCEPT
                AcctStopResult          ACCEPT
                DefaultResult           REJECT
        </AuthBy>
</Handler>

So basically the authby File caused the logging to work (however everything was logged as FAIL) and then the authby INTERNAL let them on.

Regards,
Bill

   _____

I'm having a small problem.  We have recently acquired another service provider that for some stuped reason, has lost their password file.  In order to make sure customers were able to login, we setup Radiator so that any request that came from their dialin number got automatically authenticated (kind of like an "allow all" scenario)  This has worked well, however we would like to actually log the passwords, so that we can recreate the password file properly.  We have tried using PasswordLogfileName but the file doesn't log anyting.  Our handler looks like this.

<Handler Called-Station-Id="905XXXXXXX">
        PasswordLogFileName /var/log/password.log
        <AuthBy INTERNAL>
                AuthResult              ACCEPT
                AcctStartResult         ACCEPT
                AcctStopResult          ACCEPT
                DefaultResult           REJECT
        </AuthBy>
</Handler>

Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I think this might be able to be done with a hook, but neither myself nor anyone I know is strong enough with perl to do it!!!

Thanks,
Bill