(RADIATOR) AuthBy flow control

Andrew D. Clark andrew.clark at ucsb.edu
Wed Aug 10 14:00:35 CDT 2005

Hi,

I'm running Radiator 3.11.  I've got an intractable (to me) problem in a
particular handler.  What I've got setup currently is a handler where VPN
users get authenticated (or blacklisted) and then get allocated an address.

<Handler Client-Identifier = VPN>
        <AuthBy GROUP>
                AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept

#blacklist - accepts, but doesn't get an address, so effectively rejected
                <AuthBy FILE>
                        Filename %D/blocked.txt
                </AuthBy>

#guests
                <AuthBy GROUP>
			AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept

                        <AuthBy FILE>
                                Filename %D/include/vpn.guest
                        </AuthBy>

                        <AuthBy DYNADDRESS>
                                AddressAllocator noc-dhcp-allocator
                                StripFromReply PoolHint

#directory
                <AuthBy GROUP>
                        AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept

# whitelist
                        <AuthBy FILE>
                                Filename %D/include/whitelist
                        </AuthBy>

                        <AuthBy LDAP2>
                                Include %D/include/directory.cfg
                                AuthAttrDef request
                        </AuthBy>

                        <AuthBy DYNADDRESS>
                                AddressAllocator noc-dhcp-allocator
                                StripFromReply PoolHint

        AcctLogFileName %L/detail

</Handler>

If guest auth suceeds, I basically want to break at that point (or have the
outer AuthByPolicy take effect, since I've suceeded), but since I need an
AuthByPolicy of ContinueWhileAccept in the guest block to get address
allocation (which needs to come after the AuthBy File to pick up the
PoolHint), I end up continuing on to the next AuthBy Group, which ends up
rejecting the request.  I get similar fun if I swap the guests and the LDAP
users around.  Is there a way to do get the flow-control I'm looking for?

--
Andrew Clark
Campus Network Programmer

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au