(RADIATOR) Make Radiator working with PPTPD

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Aug 4 16:18:34 CDT 2005

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Hello Chairul -
>
> Thanks for the additional information - I think you are almost there.
>
> As the debug message shows, to process MS-CHAPv2 you must install the
> Digest-MD4 module (available from CPAN).

>> Thu Aug  4 13:27:22 2005: ERR: Could not load Radius::MSCHAP to handle an
>> MS-CHAP2 request: Can't locate Digest/MD4.pm in @INC (@INC contains: .

This reminds me of a problem we had somewhat recently.  A misguided user
set their PC up to connect using MS-CHAP2 authentication.  We don't
generally do CHAP, as we don't generally store clear text passwords, but
the request came in via outsourced dial ports that allowed chap.  When our
radiator found that it couldn't handle MS-CHAP2 due to lack of
Digest/MD4.pm, it logged a similar error message and terminated.

Is that normal, unavoidable behavior, or is that something that's perhaps
been fixed (log the error, fail the auth request, but don't terminate) in
more recent versions?  We're not exactly running the latest code.

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au