(RADIATOR) (re)set of Vendor specific attributes

DELORT Stephane Stephane.DELORT at murex.com
Tue Aug 2 08:06:50 CDT 2005

Hello everyone,

I would like to have my Active Directory users authenticated and then moved to their appropriate VLAN (with trapeze vlan vendor specific attributes).
I tried to have separate handler like this :

<Handler TunnelledByPEAP=1>
    AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
    AuthBy checkMacAddress      # check the macaddress in a file
    AuthBy checkCorporateUsers
<Handler>

<Handler TunnelledByPEAP=1>
    AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
    AuthBy checkMacAddress      # check the macaddress in a file
    AuthBy checkClientUsers
<Handler>

<AuthBy LSA>
    Identifier checkCorporateUsers
    StripFromReply TRPZ-VLAN-Name
    AddToReply  TRPZ-VLAN-Name = corpo_vlan
</LSA>

<AuthBy LSA>
    Identifier checkClientUsers
    StripFromReply TRPZ-VLAN-Name
    AddToReply  TRPZ-VLAN-Name = client_vlan
</LSA>

<Handler>
  #PEAP
</Handler>

/!\ This does NOT work because the second handler is never used.
I thought the handler were checked until one matches the criteria but it does not seem to be the case.

So I tried another idear based on the AuthBy GROUP
 and I had :

<Handler TunnelledByPeap=1>
   <AuthBy GROUP>
         AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
         AuthBy   CheckMacAddress
         <AuthBy GROUP>
              AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileReject
              AuthBy  CheckCorporateUsers
              AuthBy  CheckClientUsers
</Handler>

In this case, the first clause to be looked at (CheckCorporateUsers) sets the TRPZ-VLAN-Name in the Reply message.
Even the StripFromReply in CheckClientUsers is not able to remove this attribute (this is odd).

Is there a way to do what Iwant, or at least flush the AccessAccept reply attributes ?.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Stéphane