(RADIATOR) Radiator 3.11 Hangs and will not restart

William Hernandez whr at essnet.com
Tue Apr 19 10:39:02 CDT 2005

Garry,

What version of Radiator are you running?
What version of DBD-Sybase are you running?

I downgraded back to Radiator 3.9 and the system is now stable. I
had installed 3.11 because it had been tested on Fedora Core 2.
I'll try some to test with Radiator 3.12 later this week.

Thanks,
William

restart

> Most problems I've had with Radiator and SQL are due to old
> TDS drivers. I'm now running TDS verion 0.62 and have no
problems.

> Regards
> Garry

DBD-Sybase
> > 0.94 and Freetds 0.53 to connect to SQL Server 2000 for
> > authentication, address allocation and RADONLINE.
> >
> > We've had problems where Radiator seems to "hang" and will
not
> > respond to radpwtst.
> >
> > We then use "radius restart" to try to revive Radiator, but
it
> > does not stop the radius process. Trying to stop radius with
> > "kill -9" will kill the process, but then "radius start"
reports
> > that it cannot bind to the ports. We then have to reboot the
> > system in order to restart Radiator.
> >
> > Has anyone seen this before?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > William Hernández
> >
> > --
> > Archive at http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/
> > Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au
> >

> NB:
>
> Have you read the reference manual ("doc/ref.html")?
> Have you searched the mailing list archive
> (www.open.com.au/archives/radiator)?
> Have you had a quick look on Google (www.google.com)?
> Have you included a copy of your configuration file (no
secrets),

> Radiator: the most portable, flexible and configurable RADIUS
server
> -
> Nets: internetwork inventory and management - graphical,
extensible,
> flexible with hardware, software, platform and database
independence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au