(RADIATOR) EAP-TTLS and Radmin accounting

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Apr 15 17:40:10 CDT 2005

Hello Nacho -

You should probably just use Handlers instead of mixing Realms and
Handlers.

<Handler TunnelledByTTLS=1, Realm=wireless>
</Handler>

<Handler Realm=wireless>
</Handler>

In general it is not a good idea to mix Realms and Handlers in the same
configuration file (for the reasons you have discovered).

On 16 Apr 2005, at 02:11, Nacho Paredes wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I want EAP-TTLS authentication and Radmin administration and
> accounting.
>
> Firstly I made a rough approach to the config file as follows:
>
> <Realm wireless>
>    <AuthBy File>
> 	Filename /etc...
>
> 	(EAP Options)
>
>    </AuthBy>
> </Realm>
>
> <Handler TunnelledByTTLS=1>
>       AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
>
> 	<AuthBy RADMIN>
> 		blah, blah, blah
> 	</AuthBy>
> </Handler>
>
> I append @wireless to every request coming from the access point. So
> the
> outer authentication is handled by <Realm wireless>. I created a
> simple user
> file which just contains an anonymous user with no password, so it
> always
> authenticates.
>
> Then the inner authentication is handled by the TunnelledByttls which
> goes
> against the Radmin database.
>
> This works fine with authentication, but since the accounting requests
> will
> be handled by <Realm wireless>, nothing will go to the Radmin database.
> So I've replaced the <AuthBy File> with another <AuthBy Radmin> (and
> added
> an anonymous user to the Radmin database)
> Now, despite some problems with the hooks for the anonymous
> accounting, it
> works fine, but I find the following problems:
>
> It is not very elegant
> An user which logs as anonymous is always authenticated
>
> Could you please tell me what am I missing to get a propoer EAP-TTLS
> authentication and Radmin accounting?
>
> Thanks on advance

> Ignacio Paredes               |  email: iparedes at eurocomercial.es
> Eurocomercial I&C, S.A.       |  Tel: +34 98 5195703
> Ezcurdia, 194 - Gijon (AS)    |  Fax: +34 98 5132596

NB:

Have you searched the mailing list archive
(www.open.com.au/archives/radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au