(RADIATOR) hardware radius proxy

Dave Kitabjian dave at netcarrier.com
Tue Apr 12 09:39:59 CDT 2005

I would go Soekris + m0n0wall.

Soekris:

	http://www.soekris.com/

makes a great, little box that's the size of a small book, has 3
ethernet ports, and boots from a Flash drive. No hard disk.

m0n0wall:

	http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/

is a base-bones port of FreeBSD which runs great on the Soekris. It's a
software firewall, but you might be able to modify it to run Radiator.
You'll have to install (part of?) Perl, which is going to require a
hefty Flash card, but they're cheap nowadays.

An upside of using m0n0wall is that you'd have a built-in firewalling
setup. m0n0wall is free, and the Soekris boxes are quite cheap.

Let me know what you think,

Dave

On
> Behalf Of Tariq Rashid
> Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:17 AM
> To: radiator at open.com.au
> Subject: (RADIATOR) hardware radius proxy
>
> hi - is anyone aware of a hardware device which can do radius
proxying,
> chosing targets according to the username domains?
>
> the advantages of a hardware device are:
> 	1. fast reboot times
> 	2. possibly faster packet processing
> 	3. lower maintenance and support compared to a general purpose
OS

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au