(RADIATOR) Radiator test-fest

Tariq Rashid tariq.rashid at uk.easynet.net
Fri Apr 8 08:21:23 CDT 2005

which OS runs radiator best for high-volume traffic loads?

so things that might become important are scheduling, how quickly sockets
can be created and opened, the speed of teh tcp stack, the UDP processing,
does perl run slower on some OSes? does writing accoutning records to a
journalled or other filesystem make a difference (xfs, reiserfs, over etx2
and ufs/ffs)?

or is the difference too insignificant.

tariq