(RADIATOR) Radiator Daemons

Andrew andrewb at acenet.net.au
Thu Apr 7 20:15:24 CDT 2005

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could make some suggestions here. Say for
example I am using Radiator to authenticate different connection types using
just a flat file method. Some might be wireless, some broadband and some
dialup. Now let's say that the broadband connections send through a huge
amount of accounting records, say 1 every 5 seconds. The dialup sends about
1 record every minute and the wireless sends about 1 every 15 minutes.
Meanwhile there would also be quite a lot of authentication attempts going
through the dialup (about 1 every 30 seconds).

Is it better to run a separate Radiator daemon for each connection type or
have just one daemon for each connection type?

Any comments or suggestions are welcome!

-- Andrew

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au