(RADIATOR) Set reply-item depending on check-item value

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Apr 1 02:02:44 CST 2005

Hello Andy -

Correct - the implication was to replace the explicit username with
multiple DEFAULT's, each with different check and reply attributes.

Or alternatively the explicit username can also have a check item which
if it fails will cause DEFAULT, DEFAULT1, .... to be used.

On 1 Apr 2005, at 08:26, Andy De Petter wrote:

> Hugh Irvine wrote:
>> Hello Nacho -
>> Sure.
>> # users file
>> DEFAULT User-Name = nnnnn, Calling-Station-Id = 9999999
>>     Framed-IP-Address = 1.1.1.1
>> DEFAULT User-Name = nnnnn, Calling-Station-Id = 0000000
>>     Framed-IP-Address = 2.2.2.2
>
> Hugh,
>
> But radiator will never make the select, of the 'DEFAULT' user, since
> user "nnnnn" exists; if my understanding of the authentication process
> is correct, it will only select the "DEFAULT" user, when "nnnnn" does
> not exist in the database (or can't be found with the authentication
> select)..
>
> Or am I wrong? ;)
>
> -Andy
>
> --
> Andy De Petter - andy.de.petter at skybel.net - MSN: andy at belgacom.net
> Belgacom ITN/NTA/NST - Carlistraat 2 - 1140 Brussels (Belgium)
> Tel +32 (0)2 7248116 - Fax +32 (0)2 7248111 - ICQ  #1548957
>   "Cogito Ergo Sum - I think, therefore I am."
>                                                 -- R. Descartes
> *** DISCLAIMER ***
> This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information, which
> is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and
> are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above. Any use
> of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to,
> total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any
> form) by persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
> If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
> either by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any
> computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au