(RADIATOR) LDAP ISSUES

Phil Ershler ershler at cvrti.utah.edu
Thu Sep 30 13:09:56 CDT 2004

Hi,
	I am trying to get Radiator to authenticate against LDAP and Open
Directory on an OS X server. Here's what my config file looks like at
this point.

# opendirectory.cfg
#
# Example Radiator configuration file.
# This very simple file will allow you to get started with
# OpenDirectory LDAP.
#
# Open Directory stores passwords in a proprietary encrypted format
# and therfore requires the new ServerChecksPassword parameter
#
# This example works with the example DemoCorp directory provided
# with OpenDirectory. You will need to edit the "Cosine User Id"
# and "User Password" for users in the DemoCorp directory whom
# you want to authenticate. The config will look for the user name
# matching "Cosine User Id", so use your DXplorer or similar to
# set "Cosine User Id" to be your dialup user name, and
# "User Pasword" to be the dialup password.
#
# See radius.cfg for more complete examples of features and
# syntax, and refer to the reference manual for a complete description
# of all the features and syntax.
#
# You should consider this file to be a starting point only
# $Id: opendirectory.cfg,v 1.1 2000/02/15 07:12:00 mikem Exp $

Foreground
LogStdout
LogDir          .
DbDir           .
AuthPort 1812
AcctPort
# You will probably want to change this to suit your site.
<Client DEFAULT>
         Secret  mysecret
         DupInterval 0
</Client>

<Realm DEFAULT>
         <AuthBy LDAP2>
                 # Open Directory has proprietary encrypted passwords
                 # so we must get the server to check them.
                 ServerChecksPassword

                 Host            aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd 	address obscured to
protect the accused
                 BaseDN          cn=users,dc=cvrti,dc=utah,dc=edu
                 UsernameAttr    uid

                 # Open Directory is happy with multiple requests
                 # on one connection
                 HoldServerConnection

                 # You can use CheckAttr, ReplyAttr and AuthAttrDef
                 # to specify check and reply attributes int eh LDAP
                 # database. See the reference manual for more
                 # information

                 # These are the classic things to add to each users
                 # reply to allow a PPP dialup session. It may be
                 # different for your NAS. This will add some
                 # reply items to everyone's reply
                 AddToReply Framed-Protocol = PPP,\
                         Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,\
                         Framed-Routing = None,\
                         Framed-MTU = 1500,\
                         Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

                 # You can enable debugging of the Net::LDAP
                 # module with this:
                 Debug 255
         </AuthBy>
         # Log accounting to the detail file in LogDir
         AcctLogFileName ./detail
</Realm>

And here is the debug information that I am getting back. It looks to
me like the LDAP system doesn't like the HASHed information it is
getting. I'm not enough of a "perl head" to know how to fix this issue.

Thanks for any and all information,

Phil

Net::LDAP=HASH(0x9a3258) sending:

30 0C 02 01 01 60 07 02 01 02 04 00 80 00 __ __ 0....`........

0000   12: SEQUENCE {
0002    1:   INTEGER = 1
0005    7:   [APPLICATION 0] {
0007    1:     INTEGER = 2
000A    0:     STRING = ''
000C    0:     [CONTEXT 0]
000E     :   }
000E     : }
Net::LDAP=HASH(0x9a3258) received:

30 32 02 01 01 61 2D 0A 01 02 04 00 04 26 72 65 02...a-......&re
71 75 65 73 74 65 64 20 70 72 6F 74 6F 63 6F 6C quested protocol
20 76 65 72 73 69 6F 6E 20 6E 6F 74 20 61 6C 6C  version not all
6F 77 65 64 __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ owed

0000   50: SEQUENCE {
0002    1:   INTEGER = 1
0005   45:   [APPLICATION 1] {
0007    1:     ENUM = 2
000A    0:     STRING = ''
000C   38:     STRING = 'requested protocol version not allowed'
0034     :   }
0034     : }
Thu Sep 30 09:57:43 2004: ERR: Could not bind connection with , ,
error: LDAP_PROTOCOL_ERROR (server aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:389)

- List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au