(RADIATOR) Tarpitting agressive users

Robert Blayzor noc at inoc.net
Tue Sep 28 13:07:43 CDT 2004

Hugh Irvine wrote:
> The more appropriate fix is to either implement rate limiting of radius
> requests in the NAS device itself (Cisco now implements this), or
> alternatively use dynamic filtering on your network equipment to
> blackhole the offending requests.

Thanks Hugh..

With some more digging I managed to find the following on CCO:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a008017799b.html

For all of those that want to implement something similar.  Luckily most
of our PPPoE termination equipment are Cisco's, and those that are not
will soon be! ;-)

-Robert

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au