(RADIATOR) Problems with connection on private ip

Rogelio Alvarado Anchisi ralvarado at clarocompanama.com
Mon Sep 13 10:32:03 CDT 2004

Hello, I have a CVX1800 in a private ip network but my radius server and
database are on a public IP behind a firewall. The cvx has a public
class C ip pool.
The firewall permits the communication of the authports and acctports
between vlans so it won't be any issue.
My radius is running on winxp pro with Sql server.

When I used the radpwtst all went fine, but now I can't make it real on
my network conditions.  What am I doing wrong?

Here is my radius.cfg
# $Id: windows.cfg,v 1.1 2003/03/27 09:41:28 mikem Exp $

Foreground
LogStdout
LogDir	c:/Program Files/Radiator
DbDir	c:/Program Files/Radiator
AuthPort 1812,1645
AcctPort 1813,1646
Trace 	4

<Client 192.168.10.5>
	Secret rogelin
	DefaultRealm 192.168.10.5
	DupInterval 0
	NasType NortelCVX1800
	FramedGroupBaseAddress 200.105.45.1
	FramedGroup 1
</Client>

<Monitor>
	Username	radiator
	Password	password
</Monitor>

DefineGlobalVar dbuser radiususer
DefineGlobalVar salida OUTPUT

<Realm 192.168.10.5>
	MaxSessions	1
	<AuthBy SQL>
		DBSource	dbi:ODBC:radiusdb-db02
		DBUsername	radiususer
		DBAuth	password
		NoDefault
		FramedGroup 1
		AuthSelect exec %{GlobalVar:dbuser}.insertUsers '%P',
'%w' , '%{GlobalVar:salida}'

		AuthColumnDef 0,	GENERIC,	reply

		AcctSQLStatement exec %{GlobalVar:dbuser}.CheckAcctType
'%w', '%{NAS-IP-Address}', \
		'%{NAS-Port}', '%{Framed-IP-Address}', \
		'%{Called-Station-Id}','%{Calling-Station-Id}', \
		'%{Acct-Status-Type}', '%{Acct-Session-Id}', \
		'%{NAS-Port-Type}', '%{Acct-Input-Octets}',
'%{Acct-Output-Octets}', \
		'%{Acct-Session-Time}', '%{Acct-Terminate-Cause}'

	</AuthBy>

	<SessionDatabase SQL>
		Identifier	192.168.10.5
		DBSource	dbi:ODBC:radiusdb-db02