(RADIATOR) Performance and Tuning.

Dave Kitabjian dave at netcarrier.com
Fri Sep 10 07:59:52 CDT 2004

Hey there,

Besides what Hugh said, here are a couple notes:

1) One of the biggest bangs for the buck in tuning Radiator is to split
the server into 2 servers (2 perl processes): one for Authentication and
the other for Accounting, running side by side on the same box. This
effectively gives you multithreading. And I think each process gets its
own TCP buffer, so you effectively double the number of requests that
buffer before being dropped. Even more importantly, since Auth requests
are typically more critical than Acct requests, while the latter are
typically slower to process, this isolation almost guarantees that no
Auth requests will drop.

2) Let's see your Handler clauses. I can almost guarantee that we can
consolidate them down to a smaller set by using clever perl regexps and
other features of Radiator that encourage modularity.

Dave

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au