(RADIATOR) Patch: Monitor AuthBy PAM terminates radiusd

Carl Litt carl at execulink.com
Wed Sep 1 17:45:25 CDT 2004

Hello,

I would like to submit a patch for a fatal bug I found in Radiator 3.9.

I was trying to use AuthBy PAM in the <Monitor> clause, but when I tried to log
into the monitor interface radiusd died with:

Can't call method "logPassword" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Radius/AuthPAM.pm line 152.

The code at this location is trying to call the logPassword method on
$p->{Handler}, however since this request came from the Monitor and not a
Realm/Handler clause there is no ->{Handler}.

There are several other AuthBy modules I can see which might fail in the same
way when used in <Monitor>.  Specifically:

AuthADSI.pm
AuthIMAP.pm
AuthNT.pm
AuthOPIE.pm
AuthOTP.pm
AuthPOP3.pm
AuthTACACSPLUS.pm
AuthURL.pm

A more appropriate fix would be to fake a ->{Handler} on authentication requests
  generated by <Monitor>.

Carl Litt
Network Administrator
Execulink Internet