(RADIATOR) Radius Host Redundancy Problem

Bill Mattson bmattson at nti.us
Tue Oct 26 19:10:08 CDT 2004

In my radius.cfg I have many different handlers that authby radius. In the authby there are multiple hosts in an attempt to make the authentication to the far end redundant. I realized recently that the second host was not getting sent authentications even if the first host timed out and I got no response. Can anyone assist me and let me know what I may be doing incorrectly?

My handler looks like this…

<Handler Called-Station-Id=/1234567890/>

            <AuthBy RADIUS>

                        Host 12.23.34.123

                        Host 12.23.34.124

                        Secret whatever

                        AuthPort 1812

                        AcctPort 1813

                        LocalAddress 123.123.21.1

                        Retries 2

                        RetryTimeout 15

                        DefaultSimultaneousUse 20

            </AuthBy>

</Handler>

When 12.23.34.123 loses connection or doesn’t respond, this should authenticate to 12.23.34.124, theoretically. This is not happening. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

   _____

Bill Mattson, Lead Inside Plant Engineer
Northwest Telephone, IncHYPERLINK "mailto:bmattson at nti.us"
bmattson at nti.us

250 East Penny Road
Wenatchee, WA 98801

888.528.7889 (Toll Free)
509.661.2111 (V)
509.661.2020 (F)
HYPERLINK "http://www.nti.us"www.nti.us

"Delivering Advanced Telecommunications To And Through Rural America"

---