(RADIATOR) threading

Andy De Petter adepette at skybel.net
Tue Oct 26 12:46:44 CDT 2004

Tariq Rashid wrote:

>>From: Andy De Petter [mailto:adepette at skybel.net]
>>You would still be stuck with maximum 1 request being handled, per
>>different instance you're running - which is unacceptable from large ISP
>>point of view.
>>

>of course - but the proxying code can be multithreaded... i have used a
>small minimal freeradius (threaded) to proxy requests to separate radiator
>instances on different machines. and it works well!
>
>tariq

Threading the proxying code doesn't help, if the backends aren't
threaded.  It's not the frontends (which proxy) that is the problem,
it's the backend.   If your backend radiator instances are locked for
one reason or the other, you may have as much threaded frontends that
you want, it won't help you. ;)

-Andy

Andy De Petter - andy.de.petter at skybel.net - MSN: andy at belgacom.net
Belgacom ITN/NTA/NST - Carlistraat 2 - 1140 Brussels (Belgium)
Tel +32 (0)2 7248116 - Fax +32 (0)2 7248111 - ICQ  #1548957
  "Cogito Ergo Sum - I think, therefore I am."
                                                -- R. Descartes
*** DISCLAIMER ***
This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information, which
is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and
are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above. Any use
of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to,
total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any
form) by persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
either by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any
computer. Thank you for your cooperation.