(RADIATOR) Uniqueness in session database

Cockerell Martin (UK) Martin.Cockerell at O2.com
Fri Oct 22 09:06:18 CDT 2004

I am using a PreAuthHook to substitute Calling-Station-Id for User-Name
prior to the lookup for an Access-Request, and this is working fine as a
means of providing a unique, fixed IP address based on MSISDN.  However, I
have noticed that the session database is still being updated based on the
incoming username - as we are using a single (dummy) username for all of our
devices and our NAS (a Nortel GGSN) does not provide a value for NAS-Port it
would seem that the session key is not unique.

So a couple of questions:

1)                     Will this cause a problem, or does the deletion of a
session from the database take into account some other parameter, such as
Framed-IP-Address?

2)                     If the lack of a unique key does cause a problem I'm
happy to substitute another parameter for NAS-Port, but in which hook would
I need to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

This electronic message contains information from the mmO2 plc Group
which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to
be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not
the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you
have received this electronic message in error, please notify us
by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.