(RADIATOR) My ongoing radiusd issues

Hartshorn, Jason Jhartshorn at Talisentech.com
Thu Oct 7 08:10:32 CDT 2004

Ok, now maybe I am a bit naïve when it comes to this dictionary configuration and the install documents do not cover it. I have found by making /usr/local/etc/radddb/dictionary a directory with all the dictionary files from goodies/ in it everything seems to work. But I want to understand this and see how to do this the right way. We are trying to use radiator as a handshake between a web tool and active irectory. So there is no NAS or anything to be done other than the authentication. Here is my radius.cfg:

# radius.cfg

#

# This is a very simple radius.cfg that you can use to get started.

# only the most important parameters are set here. The full set

# of parameters can be seen in radius.cfg in the top of the distribution tree.

#

# As it stands, it will authenticate a single client and a

# single realm from a flat file

# database, and save the accounting info to a single details file.

#

# Author: Mike McCauley (mikem at open.com.au)

# Copyright (C) 1997 Open System Consultants

# $Id: radius.cfg,v 1.3 1999/01/28 05:13:52 mikem Exp $

# Config added for debugging JWH

LogStdout

Trace 4

AuthPort        1812

AcctPort        1813

#BindAddress    192.168.5.26

LogDir          /var/log/radius

LogFile         %L/%Y%m-radius.log

PidFile         /var/run/radiusd2.pid

User            radius

Group           radius

# Set this to the database directory. It should contain these files:

# users           The user database

# dictionary      The dictionary for your NAS

# DbDir /usr/local/etc/raddb

# This clause defines a single client to listen to

# For testing: this allows us to honour requests from radpwtst

# on the same host.

<Client DEFAULT>

        Secret mysecret

        DupInterval 0

</Client>

# This clause handles all users from all realms by looking them up

# in the users file at /usr/local/etc/raddb/users

<AuthLog FILE>

        Filename %L/%Y%m-authlog.log

        LogSuccess 1

        LogFailure 1

</AuthLog>

<Realm DEFAULT>

        <AuthBy LDAP2>

                Host ldap.talisentech.com

                Port 389

                AuthDN cn=ehs_admin, dc=ehs, dc=local

                AuthPassword ehs$$1

                BaseDN dc=ehs, dc=local

                # EncryptedPasswordAttr

                Version 3

                ServerChecksPassword

                UsernameAttr    cn

                #Debug 255

        </AuthBy>

        # Log accounting to the detail file in LogDir

        AcctLogFileName %L/%Y%m-acct.log

        AcctLogFileFormat       %{Timestamp %{Acct-Session-ID} %{User-Name}

        PasswordLogFileName     %L/%Y%m-passwd.log

</Realm>

Now I appreciate any assistance anyone can give me on this. I have found the documentation very general and lacking as to the specifics I have asked here. Keep in mind, that I am not well versed in Radius . Thank you.

Jason Hartshorn
Unix Administration
Talisen Technologies
Tel:  (314) 317-7757