(RADIATOR) MAC address authentication for a

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Nov 29 22:01:13 CST 2004

Hello Jose -

There are numerous example Radiator configuration files in the
"goodies" directory of the Radiator 3.11 distribution.

For a simple MAC address authentication, what you show below should be
close to correct, but you should check a trace 4 debug from Radiator to
verify exactly what format the MAC address is in when the radius reqest
is received.

It is simplest to run radiusd from the command line for testing:

	# in the Radiator distribution directory

	perl radiusd -foreground -log_stdout -trace 4 -config_file .....

where "....." is the name of the file containing your configuration.

If you still have problems, please send a copy of your configuration
file and a trace 4 debug showing what is happening.

On 30 Nov 2004, at 10:17, Jose Miguel Garcia Talavera wrote:

> I am trying to set up MAC address authentication for a ORINOCO AP
> 2000. Our AP are configured to send the access request to Radiator,
> but I’m not sure of the configuration for Radiator is well.
>
> Could somebody send me an example of a good configuration?
>
>  Or  the steps to follow for this function on radiator.
>
> Best Regards
>

>  I modified the “users” file with the following syntax:
>
> 004096356eae User-Password=004096356eae

NB:

Have you searched the mailing list archive
(www.open.com.au/archives/radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au