(RADIATOR) ExpirationDate format crashes Util.pm

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Nov 16 23:56:11 CST 2004

Hello Dave -

Yes the new version should fix the problem.

We would be grateful if you could do some testing for us and confirm.

If there is still a problem we would be keen to fix it as always.

The latest version is Radiator 3.11 (plus a few patches).

On 17 Nov 2004, at 07:07, Dave Kitabjian wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> We just had a problem yesterday that smoothly “failed over” from one
> Radiator box to another until they all “failed”.
>
>  We introduced a software bug that started provisioning
> ExpirationDates in the following format:
>
> Mon Nov 15 14:30:33 2004: DEBUG: LDAP got nccheckitem:
> Expiration="12/18/2004"
>
> Rather than the “correct” format:
>
> Tue Nov 16 11:41:24 2004: DEBUG: LDAP got nccheckitem: Expiration="Nov
> 21 2005"
>
> The result was an error which I thought was in the logs, but must have
> been just to standard error, because today I can’t find any record of
> it. It was from Util.pm and it was something about the “month” being
> out of the range “0..11”. Sadly, it crashed Radiator completely L
>
> Now, we’re running 2.19, and I found the below post in the archives.
> Does this mean that the new version of Util.pm on 3.6 fixes the
> behavior I’m describing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave
>
> _________________
>

>  (RADIATOR) Re: check attribute expiration date
>
> ·       From: Mike McCauley
> ·       Subject: (RADIATOR) Re: check attribute expiration date
> ·       Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:18:41 -0700
>
>  Hello,
>
> WE have now added support for an optional time component in ValidFrom,
> ValidTo
>
>  and Expiration. Some valid examples are:
>
> Dec 30 1998
>
> Dec 30, 2000
>
> December 30, 2000
>
> Dec 30, 2000 11:30:00
>
> 2002-02-02 23:00:00
>
> 30/12/2002 01:00:00
>
> 30.12.2002
>
> There is a new version of Util.pm in the 3.6 patches area that
> supports all
>
>  these syntaxes.
>
> Please let me know how you go.
>
> Cheers.
>
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 04:18 pm, Bulent Gulcan wrote:
>
> > Hello again,
>

> > Sorry, I could not find any date function for Microsoft SQL Server
> (our
>
> > database is MSSQL) to convert date to seconds.
>

> > Is there a way to tell the radiator that the selected date is in
>
> > "dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss" format and not ignore "hh:mm:ss" part. (Sorry
> I ask
>
> > this question again).
>

> > I used in radius.cfg :
>
> > -------------------
>
> > <AuthBy SQL>

> > DateFormat %d.%m.%Y %H:%M:%S

> > AuthSelect

> > </AuthBy>
>
> > ------------------
>

> > but this did not work.
>

> > Thanks for your help, regards
>

> > Bulent Gulcan
>
> > Is Net A.S.
>
> --
>
>  Mike McCauley                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Open System Consultants Pty. Ltd            Unix, Perl, Motif, C++, WWW

> [...]

NB:

Have you searched the mailing list archive
(www.open.com.au/archives/radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au