(RADIATOR) radius unable to handle multiple requests on windows 2000

ManMohan Mandapati manmohan at optonetwork.com
Mon Nov 15 01:28:52 CST 2004

Hello:

We are running radiator on a windows 2000 server which has all the
updates and patches done regularly.

Perl is active state V 5.6 and radiator is version 3.11, we upgraded
recently hoping a new version would solve the problem.

We are running VoIP authentication with CLI on the radius server and
when the radius server receives bulk authentication request, it is
dropping a lot of them.  I have tried testing with radpwtst and taken
odbc logs.  The radius server just does not send requests to the
database.  We have a MS SQL server serving the database and all tests
have pointed to the radius process only.

Could this have something to do with the number of threads perl/radius
can open/handle on windows?  Something to do with UDP buffer queues?

Kindly advise.

Thank You

ManMohan