(RADIATOR) Re: 'No such user'

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Nov 9 00:12:17 CST 2004

Hello Jafaar -

The problem here is your use of two AuthBy clauses, which will only
give the correct error message if the user is in the last AuthBy.

There is nothing you can do to get the first error message if the
AuthByPolicy goes on to another AuthBy clause.

On 9 Nov 2004, at 15:33, Jaafar Bin Sarim wrote:

> Hello Hugh
>
> How are you doing?
>
> I am facing an issue here of incorrect error message.
>
> Each time, when a wrong password is entered for userid in the 'users'
> file, I got the message "No such user".
> I did not get a correct error message like "Bad Password"
>
> When wrong password is entered for userid in the database, I got the
> correct error message "Bad Encrypted password"

> Tue Nov  9 12:28:55 2004: INFO: Access rejected for snl2tp: Bad
> Encrypted
> password
> Tue Nov  9 12:28:57 2004: INFO: Access rejected for idemo1: No such
> user
>
> Pls advise.
>
> Thank you.
>

> Best Regards
> Jaafar Sarim
> <radius.cfg>

NB:

Have you searched the mailing list archive
(www.open.com.au/archives/radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au